THEATRE TECHNICIAN POST ON OFFER
Post: Technician – 16 hours per week contract, fixed term (18 months) on a self employed basis, responsible for own N.I. and Tax.
Based at: The Beggar’s Theatre, Millom for Moore Arts: Millom
Responsible to Director, The Beggar’s Theatre and Moore Arts Millom
- To operate lights and sound for incoming shows and tours
- To maintain the equipment to health and safety standards
- To assist the artists and Director to deliver projects
- To hire out equipment and self to smaller venues
- To work with groups and young people to learn technical skills and achieve Arts Award
- To operate the technical equipment for shows.
- To ensure that all health and safety standards are maintained and adhered to.
- To ensure that information data is lawfully gathered, accurate, up to date, and only divulged in accordance with the data protection act 1998 and the local government common law duty of confidentiality.
- To carry out tasks associated with the general running of the Theatre.
- To set up the theatre for all shows.
- To undertake any other duties within the running of the theatre, as directed.
- Experience of working with young people and/or community organisations (Essential)
- Experience of working with young people with additional learning needs (Desirable)
Skills and Knowledge
- Technical qualification or relevant substantive experience in sounds & light equipment (Essential)
- An up to date DBS check (Essential)
- Up to date Safeguarding training (Essential – though this can be facilitated if not in place)
- This job description is a representative document
- There is an expectation that the post holder will work some unsocial hours (evenings/weekends) due to the nature of the work
- Other reasonable similar duties may be allocated from time to time commensurate with the general character of the post
- You will responsible for adherence to the Health and Safety policy as far as it affects you, your colleagues and others who may be affected by your work
- The post holder is also expected to monitor the effectiveness of the Health and Safety arrangements and systems to identify and promote appropriate improvements where necessary
- The post holder is responsible for paying their own NI contributions and declare earnings to HMRC
Please apply to Jakki Moore
The Beggar’s Theatre
Millom, Cumbria. LA18 4HB